Live Stream the Dealer Growth Conference?
Are we going to Live Stream the Dealer Growth Conference?
(September 11 & 12, 2023 – Sunriver, Oregon)
Short answer – I don’t know, we are considering it.
Long answer – I am hesitant to offer Live Streaming, because I believe attending in person will bring you the greatest value:
- We are human beings. We are wired for social interactions. We learn from each other. No matter how great the technology, it cannot beat face-to-face interaction.
- We have amazing presenters. What is it worth to have an hour consultation with a top attorney? We have two:
- Robert Bass of Bass, Sox, Mercer, arguably one of the preeminent M&A attorneys who specializes in the automotive industry.
- Michael Millender of Tonkon Torp – again, one of the top tax attorneys who works with many large dealer groups.
- These attorneys know their stuff AND they have a desire to share their knowledge with you AND they will answer your questions in person.
- The presenters are sacrificing their time to come present in person. We want to offer them the same respect and effort.
- A Dealer Principal’s best-case live stream experience:
- Busy, busy – oh!! Live stream starts in 5 minutes! (or 5 minutes ago!)
- Log on. Pain in the @%#.
- Someone interrupts.
- You are back, but your concentration (if it was there) is gone.
- What did I miss?
- Bathroom break – 3 people stop you with questions
- What did I miss?
- Conference break. Conference attendees are connecting, talking, laughing. You are signing checks.
- Lunch – The food looks so good you can almost smell it. The pilot from Epic Aircraft is talking about the benefits of airplane ownership. Attendees who already had a demo flight are raving. You are wishing you were there….
- Attendee’s typical experience:
- Arrive a day or two early for R&R at a world class resort. Beautiful rooms, stunning setting in the Cascades, 4 golf courses, hiking, bicycling, mountain biking and Mount Bachelor (look it up!), and of course, great dining, rec center, spa, tennis ………
- Monday afternoon – Visit the 2nd largest Subaru dealership in the world, just completed and occupied at the end of June. Thinking of building or upgrading someday? Why not refine your plans by experiencing one of the latest-and-greatest, impeccably executed dealerships?
- Monday evening – Join the other attendees at the lawn reception overlooking Sun River, the golf course and the Cascade Range. Swap stories, get inspired! Go to a great dinner at one of Sunriver Resort’s many top-notch restaurants. Spend the evening getting into the mindset to glean tomorrow’s abundance!
- Tuesday – Everyone is here for the same reason – to craft the best growth plan possible. Attendees are asking great questions and you realize these presenters deserve the fame they have earned. Presentations are packed with great info – some confirming what you already knew, some new tidbits that give you direction for your next venture – and speakers are providing relevant and useful answers to everyone’s questions.
- No interruptions. Space to breathe. Meaningful connections. A chance to work ON your business, not just IN it. Refreshment. Recharging. Ready to keep working smarter….
- Great memories! Peppered throughout the Dealer Growth Conference experience, attendees will come away with some great memories – a demo flight, a golf game, great food, comraderies with peers, maybe even a bike ride on Sunriver’s many miles of paved bike paths (when is the last time you took a leisurely bike ride??).
- If you want to grow, if now is the time to get serious, you seriously need to be here, in-person.
- We are limited to 75 attendees. Sunriver is a world famous, immensely popular resort. We are small peanuts to them. The only meeting space available limits our conference size. It will be a small, intense, gathering of growth-oriented dealer principals.
- Life happens. So, back to the short answer – we are considering offering live streaming to provide great information to those who simply can’t get there. But I truly believe your life will be enriched by being present in-person– fully immersed and 100% focused – investing in your own growth and well-being!